It’s Friday and what a perfect day to have a cheat meal! Instead of going for a take away that’s laden with calories and fat, why not make your own healthy alternative? My healthy alternative to a cheat meal is easy to make and delicious, you won’t even want a take away.
- Sweet Potato
- 500g mince (lamb, beef or chicken)
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- Frylite/olive oil/ coconut oil
- Chop your sweet potato into chip pieces
- Place on a baking tray on some baking paper
- Dust with paprika
- Place in the oven for 40 mins, checking and turning every 15-20 mins
- While these are cooking mix your mince meat, diced onion and egg in a bowl
- make into burger shapes
- cook on a pan in frylite/olive oil/coconut oil
- serve on a wholemeal or multigrain bread roll with your favourite salad
I served mine with tonnes of spinach, some coleslaw made with light mayonnaise and some low fat cheese and it was so delicious without any guilt.
What’s your favourite cheat meal? Do you make healthy alternatives to yours? I’d love for you to share some recipes. Comment below or write to me on Facebook.
If you’re interested in some healthy recipes then check out my recipes by clicking here